Wednesday, August 24, 2005

umpteenth dale ish

As usual, this would be about Dale...

Spent most of last week with him despite him and me both having the flu. Got a sort of a promise ring... something i would have thought as pointlessly overboard but now i think it just fits right into the dale-tiffy picture. ho-hum...

I raged war with my 54-year-old witch of an aunt. she have been making hell out of our house because of her big mouth and her malicious presence. she has always been prying into everything. i just bursted with rage triggered by her making undeserved nasty comments about dale.

so what if dale looks like someone with a harelip? he got into a terrible motorcycle accident about two years ago. now, he doesn't look like he used to. a person's tragedy and physical appeareance is not something to laugh about, especially if that person being laughed means something to me. no one has a right to spread nasty and malicious rumors and comments about anyone. no onw has a right to make fun of a person's physical appearance. and with my tita, i just got so angry since she--like any person--has no right to make fun of a person who means almost everything to me. how dare she laugh at her with her hihg-pitched witching laughter that just brims with malice? how dare she???

ha. i don't regret that she left our house. we never liked her anyway. she just ruins everyone's mood by giving unsolicited and destructive comments. she just ruins my family. so she's better off far away from us and from me. she have deeply hurt me by saying bad things about myself, my mother, and dale.

as i've mentioned earlier, yes, dale got into a motorcycle accident that left his face scarred. personally, i was quite awed by my own self since i still love him after all that happened to him, after all that have and have not happened to our relationship. me, who used to raise an eyebrow at people without any common, much less fashion, sense. me, who felt pity for the disabled...me, who used to be detached and indifferent towards those who aren't 'beautiful,' as the world perceives it.

before, i tested myself whether i would still love dale despite what happened to him physically. that test showed that whatever THIS is isn't based on the superficial, not easily discouraged by difficulties, not easily affected by people's prejudice.

dale being in manila is like another test whether i would continue to feel good being with and around him. it was a test if i could still continue holding his hands in public and showing our affection in front of the people here who are obviously more interested in what's skin deep and less accepting when it comes to what they believe is unattractive or undesirable. i'd like to say i passed the test. even more, there's this pride which fills me whenever i walk beside him and people look at us. i feel a warm sense of pride because here beside me, holding my hand, is a beautiful person who has affected my life in so many ways.

this may sound crazy or extremely and unbearably mushy. it's just that i never felt this before about other people, other guys. i just believe that LOVE (and not the banal love everyone is talking about) comes rarely in a life of a person. LOVE came and happened into mine, so i wouldn't deprive myself of expressing and relishing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home